♦ Keep your data secure!
♦ Make cybercriminals and malicious employees accountable!
♦ Achieve compliance with cybersecurity legislation!
Primend Shield managed cybersecurity service integrates centralized security logging, responding to cyber threats, and cybersecurity consultations.
Average breach lifecycle is 287 days (Blumira and IBM, 2021). The reasons for breach may be a zero-day bug or an unpatched system, but often a breach is caused by an uninformed user or malicious actions of an authorized user. Bug related breaches or direct attacks can be detected rapidly and contained with automated countermeasures. The malicious type of breaches are hard to detect and require evidence for legal action.
Primend Shield's centralized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system collects security event evidence from servers, computers, rewalls, and other networked devices. Collected logs are stored for at least one year for pattern recognition, intelligence training, and as legal evidence.
What is Primend Shield?
Primend Shield's centralized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system collects security event evidence from servers, computers, firewalls, and other networked devices. Collected logs are stored for at least one year for pattern recognition, intelligence training, and as legal evidence.
Automated response system that has been trained on recognized patterns, will instantly respond to discovered malicious activity and initiates predefined mitigation scenarios. SIEM system enables integration with any networked system.
Primend Shield Team audits security event logs and maintenance logs daily to discover new attack patterns, possible breaches of systems not discovered by pattern recognition, and systems that have dropped connectivity to SIEM system. New patterns and responses are defined as they are discovered, and mitigation scenarios approved.
Microsoft Sentinel SIEM that Primend Shield service uses for collecting and analysing security events has been named by Forrester research as a leader in Security Analytics platforms with innovation roadmap, product security, case management, and architecture as the best in industry.
According to a 2021 report by Blumira and IBM, the average breach lifecycle takes 287 days, with organizations taking 212 days to initially detect a breach and 75 days to contain it.
Examples of events that Primend Shield SIEM system is trained to detect:
- User is copying abnormal number of files from a file server (malicious employee)
- New privileged account has been created
- Firewall is being scanned for vulnerabilities
- A virus has been detected in multiple computers
- Organization has been targeted by a phishing attack
- Access to company’s sensitive documents at unusual times
- User authentications and data access from unusual locations
What is covered in Primend Shield Service?
- Robust continuous event log collection in Microsoft Sentinel
- Automated incident response and rapid analysis
- Daily management and monitoring
- Analysis of incident reports
- Creation of new analytic rules
- Verify data connections to sources
- Verify that all automation tasks have run smoothly
- Weekly auditing and development cycle
- Assessing the need for additional data sources and automation operations
- Audit Sentinel environment for changes
- Review Sentinel environment access rights
- Implement changes in organization data retention policies
- Monthely management reporting as a Power BI status report
- Monthly consultation by Primend expert
- Microsoft Sentinel. Data ingestion, data storage, automated response, management reporting
- Primend Shield - Cyber Incident Monitoring and Management Service